An update from Build UK concerning key points following the new coronavirus restrictions
- Key suppliers including Travis Perkins, British Gypsum and Knauf, along with household names such as Howdens and Topps Tiles, have all confirmed that they will remain open with appropriate social distancing measures in place, supporting both commercial and domestic construction projects.
- Moving house continues to be permitted, and the Ministry of Housing Communities & Local Government has also confirmed that house building should continue, along with cladding remediation works.
- Travel for work purposes can continue across the UK, and hotels remain open for those who need to stay overnight for work. In the event of workers being stopped on journeys to and from sites, Build UK has produced an authorisation letter template which employers can use.
- Transport for London (TfL) has confirmed that it has no plans to reduce services or suspend the Congestion Charge, Low Emission Zone (LEZ) or Ultra Low Emission Zone (ULEZ).
- Training providers are permitted to remain open; however, candidates are advised to contact their training provider to confirm whether learning will take place face to face or remotely. Further information on measures put in place by CITB can be found below.
Source: Build UK/various