In collaboration with NFRC RoofCERT; the new accreditation scheme for roofing operatives funded by CITB is coming to Chesterfield College for one day, Tuesday 26th November, giving employers the chance to get their roofing staff their Technical Knowledge Tests, free of charge and to start their journey to become an accredited roofing operative.
RoofCERT is an accreditation scheme for qualified and experienced individual roofing operatives that enables them to demonstrate their skills in roofing. It consists of an online Technical Knowledge Test, six short-duration health & safety courses and proof of competency through practical assessment . Once an operative has passed the test and completed all the courses and assessments, they can become an Accredited Roofer in the associated discipline.
How does it work?
1. Take the Technical Knowledge Test
2. Complete the short-duration courses if necessary, Operatives may already be up to date.
3. Upload evidence of your skills, qualifications (N/SVQ level 2/3) and knowledge
4. Renew your accreditation after three years
Why get RoofCERT accredited?
• Clear proof of your credentials
• Confidence in your own skills and knowledge
• Easily manage your training
• Stand out from your competitors
• Demonstrate that your business has a skilled and up to date workforce
Is it free?
CITB is currently funding the Technical Knowledge Test and there is CITB grant funding for the following short-duration courses depending on the size of your business: Working at Height; Asbestos Awareness; Manual Handling; Abrasive Wheels; Emergency First Aid; and Fire safety. If you are a Member of a Training group then there is the possibility of more funding.
For funding help and advice for your business contact:
Meg Hankinson. CITB Advisor for Derbyshire & Nottinghamshire:
Telephone: 07876 393642
Learn more at: www.roofcert.co.uk
Chesterfield College is hosting Technical Knowledge Tests on 26 November for the following roofing disciplines:
• Roof Slating
• Roof Tiling
• Roof Slating & Tiling
• Reinforced Bitumen Membrane
• Single Ply Membrane
• Liquid Applied Waterproofing
The 40-minute online test consists of 35 questions with an 80% pass threshold.