This route is for operatives with construction experience and some knowledge of Single Ply Roofing. The purpose of a SUP is to fill any gaps in skills or knowledge so that an individual is then capable of gaining a nationally recognised qualification. The main difference between this and other schemes is that the training is tailored to the individual rather than a group and can be used to overcome the skills and knowledge shortage needed to achieve a Level 2 Vocational Qualification (VQ) in Applied Waterproof Membranes-Single Ply Roofing.
A SUP is a bespoke training course. Depending on the training requirements of the individual or group, we will select approved training modules, and agree location and delivery of training. This will be combined with a period of on site assessment. A SUP should be completed between 3 and 9 months. Successful assessment will result in the awarding of the Level 2 NVQ Waterproofing – Single Ply Membranes. You will then be able to apply for a blue Skilled Worker CSCS card which demonstrates your competence to work on site.
This will depend on the modules selected. CITB grant funding may be available for registered companies.
Practical training will be done on model roofs/rigs and the knowledge will be covered using various means such as learning packages and resources, lectures and self-study.
The Single Ply Roofing SUP is aimed at single ply installers who have been working in the trade for a period of time but are in need of extra training to become competent at Level 2 VQ. The likely audiences are:
• Experienced installers who are currently working on site in the market and require training in order to become competent across all of the mandatory units specific to Single Ply Roofing
• Improvers and roofing assistants who are used to working within install teams and wish to take the next step to becoming competent crafts people.
• Installers who are returning to the trade after a gap of several years, and who need refresher training on one or more of the mandatory units.
A SPRA qualified assessor will conduct a short interview and complete a skills scan with the learner to establish where the gaps are in relation to the Single Ply Roofing VQ and recommend a training and assessment package.
• Training is directed at individual’s need and is tailored to allow workforce to learn in areas complimentary to existing skills
• Gaps in knowledge identified to create personal training programme
• Varied training delivery situations to suit candidate’s needs
• Delivers knowledge at a personal level to improve competency
• Some funding available for CITB registered companies
• Level 2 VQ ‘Applied Waterproof Membranes -Single Ply Roofing’
• Access to a blue Skilled Worker CSCS card
Email SPRA at firstname.lastname@example.org with your contact details and potential trainee details. The SPRA Training Manager or a SPRA Assessor will be in contact to profile the trainee and ensure that a bespoke SUP is the correct training course for them, and advise on training options.