The Business Secretary, Alok Sharma, has announced he will be creating five new business-focused groups to support the government’s plans to help the economy bounce back from the pandemic. The groups will be focused on 5 key themes, and explore how business can work with government to deliver economic growth and jobs. The CPA has confirmed with the Minister’s team that whilst the membership of these groups has already been agreed and there isn’t any further scope for changes, there will be a consultation and opportunities for CPA members to input to those groups’ workstreams. The groups include:
- The future of industry: How to accelerate business innovation and leverage private sector investment in research and development;
- Green recovery: How to capture economic growth opportunities from the shift to net zero carbon emissions;
- Backing new businesses: How to make the UK the best place in the world to start and scale a business;
- Increasing opportunity: How to level up economic performance across the UK, including through skills and apprenticeships;
- The UK open for business: How to win and retain more high value investment for the UK.