It’s been a fantastically busy year already for SPRA with a hugely successful joint event with BBA and LRWA at the end of January, (look out for more such collaborative events in the future – a benefit to all!)… and dealing with the inevitable challenges of developing and introducing new technical guidance and the two yearly review of the complete SPRA Design Guide, it has really been a juggling game with ensuring the day to day membership management continues as it should. In February, we also had the devastating news that our conference venue had been double-booked, so significant extra effort has been required by the SPRA team to sort this out. Due to the dedication and support of our excellent events team at Crescendo, and the willingness of the venue chain to address the problem (big thanks to both!), we have achieved an excellent solution, and I look forward to another successful conference again this year. Don’t forget to get your tickets!
In addition to the normal business of membership management, handling enquiries, updating the website and writing the Weekly News of course, what else will we be doing in March?
- Collaboration with LRWA to submit joint consultation on BS 8579
- Assessing member audits
- Completing new membership applications
- Managing training courses – do you have an apprentice for our next course in the autumn?
- Preparing for, attending and contributing to the next Build UK CITB Review Committee
- Completing review of Design Guide ready for the designer-no small feat!
- Developing new windload training
- Finalising the conference programme, working with speakers on content and events team on production
- Refining new Membership Criteria
- Council Meeting and preparing for Council elections
- Receiving SPRA Awards and working on judging procedure-have you submitted yet? Deadline 31st March – SPRA members only
- BBA follow-up meeting with LRWA at Future Build
- Preparing for and attending the RCI show-Ronan will be presenting here on the 26th Mar
- Creating editorial for the Roofing Today Single Ply supplement
- Preparing for and undertaking an Approved Training Centre audit by the CITB
That’s quite a list! – and an easy reminder of why SPRA is such a valuable trade association within the Roofing industry – not a member? Why not join?.
And finally, March is always a busy month as many businesses are preparing for the financial year end. If you are one of those and you have some spare PR/Marketing budget available, then why not support SPRA through sponsorship? We have a small number of opportunities still available, and what better way to support the single ply industry? Photo-opportunities through SPRA Awards presentations, extensive social media promotions and of course visibility through this newsletter and at our national events. Just a thought!
Source: SPRA CEO, Cathie Clarke