This route is for experienced Single Ply Roofing operatives. Many single ply installers are highly skilled, but have no formal qualifications to prove it. The OSAT route can enable experienced workers to gain the Level 2 Vocational Qualification (VQ) Applied Waterproof Membranes – Single Ply Roofing, whilst carrying on with their daily work.
An experienced installer should be able to complete an OSAT within 3-6 months if they can gather all the relevant evidence. OSATs should take no longer than 12 months.
There are no courses to attend! An experienced, qualified SPRA accredited assessor will visit you in the workplace, assess your skills and provide training towards the qualifications if required. The assessor will advise on how to gather the necessary evidence from the workplace and how to build a portfolio to achieve the VQ. It is important to remember that the learner must be working on single ply roofing projects during the OSAT to generate the evidence and performing a role where the mandatory units are achievable.
Once you have gained your Level 2 VQ, you will then be able to apply for a blue skilled worker CSCS card which demonstrates your competence to work on site
Please contact SPRA on email@example.com for more details. Significant discounts for SPRA members.
CITB Completion Grant (If CITB Registered) £600.00
• Induction meeting with the candidate(s)
• Registration of candidate for the VQ
• Provision of Portfolio and assistance with evidence collection
• On Site Assessment/Observation of each candidate; monitor and review the Candidate’s progress
• Complete claim form for achievement of VQ Units
• Internal verification of portfolio assessments
• Application for Certificate of VQ Achievement on completion
On-Site Assessment & Training is aimed at those installers who are experienced in single ply membrane installation, but who have no formal qualification. OSAT is the perfect route for installers of single ply membranes to not only obtain the Level 2 VQ, but to also have access to a blue CSCS Skilled Worker card. The installer must be able to demonstrate their knowledge and skills in line with the Single Ply Membrane Level 2 VQ through:
(The CITB definition of an Experienced Worker is someone who has been working on a specific occupation for at least 1 year in the past 3)
• Minimal disruption to your work.
• In the majority of cases little or no time is spent away from work, normal work activities are observed and existing equipment used.
• The employee’s existing administration and archive systems are used to produce evidence of the candidate’s work competence.
• Employees are more comfortable with the completion of a
• portfolio through evidence collection and assessing their job knowledge without the need for a written test.
• Part funded for CITB registered companies (correct for 2017).
• Level 2 VQ ‘Applied Waterproof Membranes -Single Ply Roofing’
• Access to a blue Skilled Worker CSCS card
Email SPRA at firstname.lastname@example.org with your contact details and potential trainee details. The SPRA Training Manager or a SPRA Assessor will be in contact to profile the trainee and ensure that the SAP is the correct training course for them, and begin the application process or advise on alternative training options.